Legacy Shows are podcasts that we honor for their excellence in podcasting and who have won a podcast award category a minimum of five times.
Legacy Shows that have never won in the People's Choice Award category are still eligible for that distinction and are automatically entered into the People’s Choice category and are not required to register.
The following podcasts have been honored in their primary categories, those categories have been renamed in honor of their shows. These shows are no longer eligible to be nominated for a Podcast Award.
The People's Choice top Award has been renamed to honor one of the Podfathers of Podcasting.The Adam Curry People's Choice Award
- 2021- The Fantasy Footballers - Sports Category
- 2017 - Grammar Girl - Education
- 2017 - The Majority Report - Politics & News
- 2015 - Coverville - Podsafe Music Category
- 2015 - ESPN: Fantasy Focus Football - Sports Category
- 2015 - Rob Has a Podcast - Entertainment Category
- 2015 - The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe - Science and Medicine Category
- 2015 - This American Life - Arts Category
- 2015 - WDW Radio - Travel Category
- 2012 - Manager Tools - Business Category
- 2011- Feast of Fools / Fun - LGBTQ Category
- 2010 - Free Talk Live - Politics & News Category
Podcast Awards will rename any category in the future for any of the following reasons if the show is no longer in production, has been superseded by a newer show, or asks to no longer be recognized.